Under new laws that came into effect in May 2018, we need to provide you with these details concerning how your personal data will be used and protected
We collect the name, address and contact details (e-mail, home and mobile telephone number) of individuals wanting to join the group. This data is obtained from the individual member applying.
We use the data we have collected in the following ways:
- To communicate events, photo walks and meetings
- To administer notices to members and record attendance at sessions
- To provide messages to members of the Group and affiliated organisations’ activities (e.g. Bollington Festival)
- To seek the views of members to inform future plans
- The group may hold personal information for anyone contacting the group or whom the group contact for the purpose of conducting its general business
- To satisfy a requested service or a contractual requirement
- To administer the group’s website – for example to set-up individual log-ins
Who has access to your personal data
Access to full member details is reserved to the committee and is presently restricted to the group secretary, treasurer and webmaster. In joining the group you consent to our holding and processing this data but you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing for which we had consent prior to your withdrawing it.
Location and retention of your personal data
Full member details including ‘lost members’ are stored electronically by the secretary and treasurer in an encrypted and password protected file. Any paper records are stored by the secretary and treasurer in a locked cabinet. We will normally update members’ data every year as part of the membership renewal process. Electronic membership records will be held for one year beyond the year of membership expiry in case of any queries.
You have the right of access to your personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it, or to object to our processing of it, and the right of data portability.
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data please contact the secretary via the contact form below.